The Mayor's authority
The mayor of the municipality:
1. carries out direct management over the municipal administration, on the grounds of art. 3 of the Administration Act;
2. submits for approval the structure of the municipal administration by the municipal council;
3. appoints and dismisses the deputy mayors of the municipality, the deputy mayors, the heads of the maintenance units from the municipal budget, the employees in the municipal administration with the exception of those under Art. 46, para. 1, item 4 of LLSGA and imposes the disciplinary sanctions provided by law;
4. is responsible for protection of the public order, as for its securing issues written orders, obligatory for the chiefs of the respective police services;
5. organizes and is responsible for the development and implementation of the municipal budget;
6. organizes the implementation of the long-term programmes;
7. organizes the implementation of the decisions of the municipal council and reports to it for that. Sends to the municipal council his/her acts issued in execution of his/her decisions within 7 days from their issuance;
8. organizes the implementation of the tasks, which are derived from the laws and the acts of the President of the Republic and of the Council of Ministers;
9. assigns the performance of his/her functions to the mayors of the mayoralties, coordinates and exercises control over the expediency and legality of their performance.
Carries out control over the legality of the acts and actions of the mayors of mayoralties in the exercise of their powers and may revoke their acts;
10. maintains relations with the political parties, the public organizations and movements, as well as with other bodies of the local self-government in the country and abroad;
11. organizes and conducts actions for protection of the population in case of natural disasters and accidents;
12. assigns or permits the elaboration of development plans and their amendments for the territory of the municipality or for parts of it and approves certain development plans under the conditions and by the order of the Spatial Planning Act and organizes their implementation;
13. performs the functions of a civil status official and may assign these functions by a written order to the mayors of mayoralties, in which are maintained registers for the civil status of other officials of the municipal administration;
14. provides the organizational and technical servicing of the municipal council;
15. approves the structural regulations of the municipal administration;
16. exercises his/her powers for acquisition, management and disposal of the municipal property, not included in the capital of municipal companies by order and conditions, regulated in the AIA;
17. performs the functions of a body for guardianship and trusteeship;
18. defines the name of the positions of the civil servants and their distribution in groups and ranks, according to the Unified Classifier of the positions in the administration passed by the Council of Ministers on the grounds of art. 2, para 2 of the Law on Civil Servants;
19. awards ranks of the civil servants, according to art. 74 of the LCS;
20. approves the work schedule of the employees in the municipal administration;
21. In fulfillment of his/her powers under art. 44, para 1, item 1 of LLSGA in order to synchronize the activity in the Municipal administration the mayor:
a / holds weekly working meetings every Monday from 10.00 am with deputy mayors, a secretary, directors of directorates and heads of departments;
b / holds extended meetings every other week with the participation of the heads of sectors;
c / together with the deputy mayors and the secretary of the municipality holds monthly meetings with the mayors of mayoralties and the deputy mayors every first Wednesday of the month according to a previously developed programme by the "Administrative - informational, legal and financial - accounting services" director.
22. makes a public report to the municipal council and the population of the municipality once a year.
23. organizes the development of partnership relations with municipalities from the country and abroad and with non-governmental organizations;
24. represents the municipality in front of individuals and legal entities and the court.